My heart is aching as I hear the news about another wave of COVID. As a nephrologist who works in the intensive care unit and a doctor who has taken care of COVID patients, we as physicians have learned a lot in the past year and a half. But how can you as an individual take care of yourself and boost your immunity to protect yourself against COVID?
- Vitamin D: it is easy to take this over the counter vitamin daily and get out in the sun to produce this naturally to lower your risk of catching COVID and if you were to get COVID, a milder case (learn more about Vitamin D here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmVImhK-KA0)
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep: reduce your lights and exposure to your cell phone to get more restful sleep
- Watch your diet: being overweight and consuming lots of carbohydrates is correlated with worse cases of COVID
- Clear your lungs: use expectorants like hot tea, honey, turmeric and ginger and utilize the prone position to mobilize the secretions in your lungs while coughing (watch my video about proning here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2VaS-exhlg)
If you’re a healthcare provider or you want to consult your doctor about the following proven treatment options:
- Dexamethasone: alleviate pneumonia
- Inhaled Steroids or inhaled medication: pulmonary symptoms
- Colchicine: managing cytokine storm, reduces hospitalization, intubations and death (COlCORONA STUDY). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8rSBjdhERw
- Vitamin D
Do these things in advance to prepare and improve your immunity to guard you against COVID-19 or Coronavirus.
Follow me on YouTube for more helpful videos: