Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance
Metabolic Syndrome causes many health problems; Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease and some Cancers. It is also one of the leading causes of Hypertension in the world today…It is characterized by:
Fasting Hyperglycemia, Decreased HDL cholesterol, Elevated Triglycerides, High blood pressure or Hypertension.
Central obesity (also known as visceral adiposity)
Associated signs are: elevated uric acid levels, fatty liver, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Acanthosis Nigricans (a skin condition featuring dark patches).
It is also referred to as Insulin resistance. IT IS A MAJOR CARDIOVASCULAR RISK!
Diabetes Mellitus, Type II, is the new plague of our lifetime with no real solution in sight. It is estimated that one out of three Americans, born after the year 2000, will become diabetic in their life time.
- National Diabetes Educational Program
- Understanding the causes of Type II Diabetes Mellitus, Video
- Risks and complications of Type II Diabetes Mellitus, Video
Diets high in refined carbohydrates & sugars are creating an epidemic of health problems that start out as Insulin Resistance:
- 1 out of 6 Americans already have or are developing Insulin Resistance!
- 2 out of 3 adults and 1 out of 3 children are overweight or obese!
- 1 in 3 children born after 2000 will develop Diabetes!
The METABOLIC SYNDROME is a major risk factor for cardiovascular fatal event!To top